At Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd your trust in us is important, we respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it. This privacy notice explains how we collect and process personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd) will only use your personal information to furnish your account and to provide the services you have requested.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 / EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the data controller is Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd, 83 Hawick Drive, Dundee, Angus, DD4 0JY
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +44 (0)1382 736 334.
Alternatively, by writing to Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd, Data Protection, 83 Hawick Drive, Dundee, Angus, DD4 0JY.
How do we obtain information from you?
We obtain information about you when you enquire about our products or services or place an order for them. This information can be collected via our website, email, telephone or other written communications. Website usage information is collected using Cookies.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information that we collect might include your company name, address, your name and job title as well as contact information such as email address, telephone number and fax number.
Your IP address, web browser type and information regarding what pages are accessed and when may be collected automatically.
How is your information used?
We may process personal information if you have previously consented or for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- process a quote / order you have requested
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- to enhance security of our networks and information systems
- to understand better how users interact with websites
- to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- process a job application
Retention & Deletion
Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd retains your information while you / your company remain an active client, unless you ask us to delete your information.
If you stop being an active client, we may retain your information until you request that your details be deleted. We will only contact you if you have provided us with consent or we believe the information we intend to send to you could be of ‘legitimate interest’ to you or your company.
If you have requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request to be removed / deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding invoice on your account.
- Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention.
- If we are required to by applicable law and / or in aggregated and / or anonymized form.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
Third Party Service Providers we work in association with:
Links to other Websites:
What are my choices?
You have the option as to whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive marketing information from us about our products and services, you can advise us by telephone, fax or email.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post, email, phone, fax or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time as well as request to be forgotten by contacting us by email email@example.com.
How can I access and update my information?
If you change any of your personal information, or any of the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd, Data Protection, 83 Hawick Drive, Dundee, Angus, DD4 0JY.
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “data subject access request” under GDPR 2016. If we hold information about you we will:
– give you a description of it;
– tell you why we are holding it;
– tell you who it could be disclosed to
– let you have a copy
Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address 83 Hawick Drive, Dundee, Angus, DD4 0JY. This will be provided Free of Charge. However we may charge a reasonable fee for repetitive, unfounded, or excessive requests or additional copies.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
– Right to Rectification – the right to request the controller rectify inaccurate personal data.
– Right to Object – the right to object to processing based on either public interests or legitimate interests. Processing must stop, unless the controller demonstrates compelling grounds for continuing the processing or that the processing is necessary in connection with the controller’s legal rights.
– Right to Object to Direct Marketing
– Right to be Forgotten – the right to have the controller erase personal data without undue delay. Contingent on the occurrence of one of the following:
- The data is no longer necessary;
- The data subject withdraws consent (and consent is the legal basis for processing);
- Controller has no overriding grounds for continuing processing against the objectification;
- Processing was unlawful;
- Erasure is necessary with EU or national law.
– Right to Restrict Processing – the right to have the controller restrict processing if:
- The accuracy of the data is contested;
- Processing is unlawful;
- The controller no longer needs the data for its original purpose, but needs it for legal purposes;
- Erasure is pending.
– Right of Data Portability – the right to receive a copy of your data in a commonly used machine-readable format for transfer to another controller. This will either be in .xls or .csv format.
Security precautions in place at Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd
Data Security is of major importance to Bag Supplies (fibc) Ltd and to protect your data we have put in place suitable procedures to ensure that it is treated securely.
We strive to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet, and you do so at your own risk
Profiling – We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
Use of ‘Cookies’
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). For example, this may happen if any of our servers are located in a country outside of the EU.
These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. In the case that we do transfer your information outside of the EU, we will take steps to ensure that the appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in the policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in June 2018.